Thursday, July 19, 2007

More reasons to be a comp addict

Gametrailers.com has recently released a whole bunch of (what else) game trailers from E3 featuring all the upcoming games that are yet to be 'unleashed' later this year and also in 2008. And man.. did some of them caught my eye! Some of the videos looked really really cool! What more in HD format!! Super extra cun, clear, and detailed! XD Some of the games that I can't wait to get my hands on (or rather.. download XP):

Crysis
release date: September 2007
One of the most anticipated PC game this year.. This game is made possible by the collaboration of hardware and software giants -Intel, Nvidia, Microsoft and EA (how often do you see these companies get together to make a game!)- and it is powered by the latest Directx10 engine.. The graphics? Sweeeaaattttt!!! All the objects interact soooooo life like! And you get the wear a nano suit! You have the ability to be invisible, to leap 15 feet high, sprint like a bullet train, punch and throw jeeps ramming towards you, etc etc. I just love the way the nano suit changes mode. 'Maximum amour'.. 'Maximum speed'.. 'Maximum strength'... 'Stealth enabled'.. That's the computer generated voice that comes out when changing your nano suit's modes.. Soooo hi-tech! XD Oh, and I would need to get a new graphics card that support DirectX10 for this game!! Arrgghhhh... Anyone got 1000 ringgit to spare?!
*Edited as of 23July: voted Best Graphics Technology of E3 2007 by ign.com*


Assassin's Creed
release date: November 2007
What do you get.. when you combined the elements of.. 'Prince of Persia' and 'Hitman' in a medieval age setting? Assassin's Creed!! The jaw dropping acrobatics looks much cunner and realistic compared to Prince of Persia. Basically your environment is your playground where u can monkey around -climbing and swinging here and there. Think spiderman, just without superpowers. The combat is almost the same as PoP -the camera goes to 3rd person's perspective, and the character locks unto an enemy. Well, that's just the view I got from the trailer, not sure how the actual combat system works. But they look rather similar. And the graphics.. again.. darn realistic! Not as realistic as Crysis though. But still looks darn geng! You get to hunt and sometimes chase down victims to assasinate! Search, sneak, stalk, ambush, KILL!! Mwahahahahaha! (children under 13 shouldn't be reading my blog)
*Edited as of 19July: voted Best Action/Adventure game of E3 2007 by gametrailers.com*


TimeShift
release date: October 2007
If you think the bullet-time feature in games like Max Payne and FEAR were cool... well.. prepare to be stunned! Not only do you have the ability to slow down time, in this game you have the ability to to REVERSE and STOP time! And unlike PoP, you’re not affected by time. If you do reverse time, only your environment clocks back a couple of seconds, not you. I can imagine the FUN I’ll be having playing this game! Spot an enemy soldier, shoot the enemy soldier to death, then reverse time before he died, kill him again, reverse time again, kill again, reverse again, kill again, reverse again, kill, reverse, kill, reverse, kill, reverse, kill reverse..!! Over and over and over and over again!! Wahhahahah!! XD

I like the opening of one of its trailers. It went like:
What is time?
…*cinematic*…

A law?
…*another cinematic*…

A measurement?
…*more cinematic*..

A function?”…

...*yet another cinematic*..

If you could control time…
It would be…
The ultimate weapon

And fades off with:

Time is the ultimate illusion

spokieeee...

Half-life 2: Episode Two
release date: October 2007
This game suppose to come in a package along with some other games. If I'm not mistaken, it's called The Orange Box including games like Team Fortress 2 and Portal. Episode Two is a continuation of Episode One (duh!); to be more specific, the aftermath of the destruction citadel thingie. And this time, it would be guerrilla fighting! Forests here I come! And that Alyx gal that has been sticking with you in the previous series, has been said to be STICKING with you even more! Blessed are you Valve! XD I dont want to bother to try to explain how Portal works. A lil bit complicated to explain. Just that it is an FPS puzzle game which requires you to shoot/make portals and go through it to progress to another level. A 3 in 1 game that I'm looking forward to.
*Edited as of 21July: Voted best PC Game of E3 2007 by gametrailers.com*

The other games I'm looking forward to that will be released early next year:
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
StarCraft 2

And games that I'm currently playing (yet to finish):
Halo 2
Tomb Raider: Anniversary
Supreme Commander (darn Aeon campaign)
FEAR (wanna quit playing 'cause too chicken to play.. darn scary.. no fun)
Company of Heroes
Civilization IV (just got it, downloading Warlords expansion pack now XD)

Gosh.. so many games.. so little time! I need more holidays!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol! Memang guy post, even the bi in me couldn't understand nor appreciate it. =P

I'm going to tag you to do a girlie post! Get a little in touch with your gay side.. XD Bwahahhahahaha!