Saturday, August 16, 2008

Badminton fever/idiot

Tested out the new string on my racquet.






My "old" string




I paid RM40 for my original string when I first got my racket. Told the stringer to string it at 24 lbs. Playing with it was just ok, not too bad (not going to be long winded by explaining details) though I wished it was strung at a higher tension. After a few months of playing, I find that it became more difficult to play with it as its tension begin to fall. Being all hyped up with the badminton Olympic games, I decided to cut the string off my racket and replace it with a string made for hard hitting (aka smashing!)





So I got me-self this





Paid RM32 to get my perfectly fine Nanogy95 string cut off and to get my racket strung with this new string at 27 lbs. So I was thinking:







Smashing racket


+


Smashing string


+


Higher tension


+


A lot of MONEY wasted


=



The next Lee Chong Wei



















Right?















WROOOOONGGGGG!





I played again today. And as expected, it felt dull and powerless compared to my previous string that I dissected off from my racket. I could feel that there was no tension difference! It was so soft, I think I could smash harder using a rolled up newspaper!!!



Baaaaahhhhh!!! Stupid stringer! I think he cheated my money!





When I went to collect my racket from the stringer, I already noticed that the tension was too low for a 27 lbs-er. So I said to him the tension felt the same as compared to my previous string even though I asked for a higher tension. But smartass stringer said:




"..You go and play... then you will see the difference. I also use this string wan..."






And I trusted him. What an idiot. Both him and me. I'm never going back there. Wasted my money only!




Now the thing is: To go back to complain and demand a refund... or to not go back and complain and demand a refund?





PS: By the way, that's really Lee Chong Wei you saw just now. LOL!!




Chong Wei BOLEH!

No comments: